2018’s DRESS CODE
Get an authentic Prohibition look
Metropolis, the theme for this year’s Railway Ball, is set in the 1920’s, which means that party goers attending our glamorous soiree are asked to dress the part.
If you have a fancy-dress phobia don’t worry. Read on for on how to turn your Black-tie attire into a Great Gatsby look with very little effort.
Subtle tweaks to your outfit will make a difference…
- Feather boa
- Long satin or velvet gloves
- Thin feather head band
- Long string of pearls
- Jazz up your make up with bold red lips, dramatic eyeliner and a beauty spot
If you want to take it a step further…
- Knee length, drop waist, sleeveless dress
- Hair cut in a bob or slicked back into a low ponytail, chignon or bun
- Footwear designed for dancing, mid heel height and T-bar shoes
Unleash Your Inner Gatsby
Gentleman, you can get away with a black tie if you jazz it up. Better still opt for a sharp pinstripe suit or cream jacket.
Dress your suit up with…
- Fedora hat (a Trilby is a pretty close match)
- Red top pocket handkerchief
- A silk tie with cuffs
- Black shirt with white or black tie
- Spats (white canvas or vinyl shoe covers)
- Hair swept over with a side parting
It’s as simple as that, so let’s put on a show for Railway Children!