WHAT IS THE RAILWAY BALL?
The Railway Ball is when the great UK Rail industry comes together to have fun and help change children’s lives. The Ball generates income used by Railway Children to transform lives here in the UK, as well as in India and East Africa.
FOR RAILWAY CHILDREN
LIVES MADE BETTER
Over 190 businesses have supported the Ball over the years in some shape or form. Many attend year on year.
The Railway Ball is brought about by a committed team who’ve helped countless children thanks to the amazing generosity and fundraising brilliance of the businesses and individuals who attend and donate.
South Western Railway
Sir Michael Holden
Treasurer & Company Secretary
South Western Railway
- Mike Brown MVO TfL
- Lisa Coleman WorldLine
- Sir Peter Hendy CBE Network Rail
- Paul Plummer Rail Delivery Group
- Mark Thurston HS2
- John Aloy Telefónica UK Limited (O2)
- James Bain WorldLine
- Tim Bentley Bombardier Transportation UK
- Jean-Pierre Bertrand, Colas Rail UK
- Rupert Brennan Brown Porterbrook
- Peter Broadley Alstom
- Oxana Brookes Hoggett Bowers
- Graeme Bunker CRC Ltd
- Rob Capener Railway Children
- Susan Cooklin Network Rail
- Jamie Crystal EY
- Angie Doll Go Ahead Group
- Ben Hewlett Granger Reis
- Nicola Hindle Amey
- Shaun Jones Thales
- Tom Joyner Arriva
- Andy Pitt Cross London Trains
- Gareth Powell London Underground
- Chris Rayner HS2
- Paul Seller Ricardo Rail
- Ian Smyth UK Power Networks Services
- Ed Thomas KPMG
- William Wilson Siemens
- Christian Wolmar Writer & Broadcaster
Alison Rhind-Tutt CL Events
The Ball committee is made up of senior rail executives who voluntarily give their time and use their influence to improve the lives of Railway Children. The rewards are immeasurable.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Last year’s Ball raised £481,448 thanks to 1,200 generous guests and more than 100 kind-hearted businesses buying tickets and sponsoring. This helped Railway Children support thousands of children here’s a few examples…
More on Railway Children
Railway Children believe in a world where no child ever has to live on the streets and have helped 270,000 street children in the last 20 years.